Re: [StrongED] ToggleBD 1.01 available

On 9 Feb 2013  Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <eff75e1b53.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> On 9 Feb 2013  Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>>> I've just discovered that the hot keys do work now, and
>>> there's a ToggleBD directory in Boot.Choices, which wasn't there
>>> before!
>>
>> Further report, very odd: the Config file in the Boot.Choices
>> directory keeps setting its access to Public read and write "No",
>> which seems to stop any saving.

> That should be ok, it means it can be changed on the machine itself but
> not across a network.

>> Also, the hot keys seem to work only when they want to! There seems to
>> be no rhyme or reason to this.

> What hotkeys have you set,and how do you operate them? Remember that you
> need to hold the first hotkey down and then toggle the backdrop with the
> second hotkey.

They seem to be working better now, no idea why! I use left control
and left alt, and use them as you say.

I've just reported another crash; when I tried to send that message I
got:

09 Feb 20:18:05 000 00800E07: Error from (unknown): Internal error, no
stack for trap handler: Internal error: abort on data transfer at
&FC139654, pc = FC13964C: registers at 00042658
09 Feb 20:18:08 002 80000002: Error from NewsHound: Internal error:
abort on data transfer at &FC14B580

I then had to re-boot before I could do anything useful; ARMini, RISC
OS 5.19 by the way. Sorry, forgot to do *where at that point.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter Young (zfc Ta) and family