Re: [StrongED] Multiple changes to multiple files

In message <82af4b1653.iyojohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          John Rickman Iyonix <rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I would like to apply the same set of changes to a directory of about
> 50 files.
>
> The changes are:
>
> 1. Wrap a pair of <h1> tags around the first line of the file.
> 2. Insert some lines of text before the first line of the file
> 3. Wrap a pair of <h2> tags around all lines beginning with a #.
> 4. Add some lines of text to the end of the file.
>

> The files can all be loaded using ctrl drag-drop
> 1. and 3.   can be done using Search and Replace
>
> I would appreciate some help on how to do 2. and 4.

A quick look, and I think !ConvText could do this.
It has -FIRST -LAST and -FILE wildcard operators which should let you
find the first and last LF character for the adding of text or a file
to the start and end.

It can do directories of files, and has a relatively simple usage.

Ron M.