Re: [StrongED] Fresh 4.69a7 installation

In message <85df961453.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>
          Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <1deb811453.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On 27 Jan 2013  Ron <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, I have moved out the old and started fresh with ver 4.69a7.
> > > I haven't tweaked much yet so I am reporting a few bugs.
> >
> > > In BASIC mode, using enter to create a newline produces an
> > > "unauthorized access 'process' etc" error, on clicking deny,
> > > the newline is produced OK.
> >
> > You need to find the file ModeLock, probably in
> > !StrED_cfg.UserPrefs.Global. There will be a line BASIC, and under
> > Process you need to change the N to a Y.
>
> Correct. You may also want to set the permission for 'Run' to Y.

OK, I have done the same for the AppBasic Mode also.

> BASIC mode comes with a utility (tied to the Enter key) that checks a
> line and ensures that all keywords are in uppercase to avoid errors from
> silly typos like 'THEn' (which I got a bit fed up with).
>
> > I think this doesn't have an effect till you quit and re-run StrongED.
>
> There's no need to re-run StrongED, the change should be picked up when
> you save the file. This is controlled by an option in Global Choices:
> Global Choices -> Edit -> 'Reload all modefiles when one is changed'.
>
> The option is on by default and causes StrongED to re-parse files when
> they are saved. The option applies to the following files:
>
>  - ModeFile
>  - ModeWhen
>  - ModeList
>  - ModeLock
>  - FileLock
>
> > > Could be me, but on both old and new versions while editting
> > > I seem to often get bumped out of Insert mode and have to
> > > press the Insert key to stop overwriting.
> > > I haven't found any specific mode or action that causes it
> > > yet, just thought I'd ask first.
> >
> > That happens here very occasionally, but I've never discovered what
> > triggers it.
>
> I have to admit to never having seen this, but I know it's quite easy to
> hit Insert inadvertently when reaching for Backspace or Delete. Might
> this be what is happening?
>
> If not, then please try to find a reproducible case as it's difficult to
> fix without one.
>
> Cheers,
> Fred.

Mmmm,  I guess a starting point would be to put a plastic block over
those 6 keys so that I dont take the easy way out (resetting Insert)
and take note of the mode and the previous actions.

I think getting a reproducible case will be difficult, there are
obviously /some/ requirements, More than likely the use of either the
arrow keys or a mouse click to position the cursor is one of them.

Thanks Peter, for acknowledging it does happen occasionally there.

Ron M.