Re: [StrongED] Transient - compatible OS versions

In message <52966af752.harriet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Harriet Bazley <harriet.bazley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 1 Dec 2012 as I do recall,
>           Fred Graute  wrote:
>
> > I've just updated Transient's entry on the RISC OS filebase website
> > ( http://www.filebase.org.uk/ ) and noticed that the RO compatibility
> > table lists most of the OS versions as 'Unknown'.

Thanks Harriet, Chris and Ron for the feedback. I've done some testing
myself too on the RiscPC, trying out various Select releases, and have
updated the compatibility table with our combined results.

It seems safe to say that Transient works on any machine with RO 4.02 or
higher, on either branch of the OS.

If anyone is able to try on RO 3.5 - 3.71 then please let me know.

> Doesn't work on RISC OS 3.1.

Harriet, do you know what's stopping Transient from working? I know that
it needs the universal boot sequence (or at least the Choices variables
and Scrap) and the toolbox modules. In the SWI department it looks like
it should be OK on RO 3.1 (just a quick glance though).

StrongED developer