Re: [StrongED] Small problem with 4.67

On 1 Dec 2012, Bob Latham <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <aef85af752.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 1 Dec 2012  Martin Bazley <martin.bazley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> > > Turn off 'Double click and hold'.  I think it always used to be in
> > > the Global Choices, but for some reason I can't find it (4.69a4).
> > > Has it been moved, or does StrongED change the window depending on
> > > whether you're running a version of RISC OS (i.e. 5.19) which has
> > > the functionality in the Filer or not?  Or am I just
> > > misremembering?
>
> > I don't think this was in 4.**, but the same thing is available with
> > the DoubleClick module which can be loaded at start-up. The
> > advantage of having it in the OS is that you can set the delay of
> > the hold. It's certainty in later versions of 5.**
>
> Totally confused now. Where do I start?

Although it is not part of StrongED, DoubleTake (sic) is available from
http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/fjg/

   DoubleTake is a small module that allows you to open application
   directories and to load any file into a text editor without holding
   down the Shift key. Instead you doubleclick and hold down the second
   click for about 0.2s.

*help doubletake will show whether or not this module is installed. If
so, you need to find out where it is (the recommended location is in
boot Predesk), and remove it.

If DoubleTake is not installed, and you are running RO5.xx, try looking
in Configure... > Filer and unset 'Treat click-click-hold as Shift-
double-click'

Tony