Re: [StrongED] Moving Boxes

In article <420f1ae052.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>, Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> In message <52df42ce8ecvjazz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> Chris Newman
>           <cvjazz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > You are supposed to be able to change the order of boxes in the box list
> > by selecting one and using Shift Up/Down Arrow to move it but StrongEd
> > stops this happening.
> >
> > There are 2 methods listed in Martin Avison's Strong Help Manual

> Tried both methods with the demo version of Pluto and StrongED 4.69a7 and
> it all worked perfectly. My guess is that both methods will work with any
> version of StrongED above 4.60 (and possibly below as well).

> > With StrongEd 4.69, even unloading StrongEd does not solve it. I had to
> > stop it running at Boot.

> If by 'unloading' you mean 'quitting' then that should fix the problem. If
> StrongED doesn't run then it can't intercept any keypresses so moving boxes
> should work. Perhaps Pluto didn't have the input focus?

Thanks for your reply, Fred.
Just had time to re-visit this & do some more testing. Input focus checked.
It wasn't that.
Quitting StrongEd on my RiscPC 700 Strong Arm Adjust 4.39 with Unipod didn't
fix the problem fix the problem but on my Virtual Acorn SA 4.02  on Windows
XP laptop it did. Therefore I thought something in my RiscPC was the culprit
but then, just to check I tried the RiscPC again & it worked. I can't figure
out what could have changed in the few minutes between tests. Curiouser &
curiouser. I'll keep working on it but it doesn't seem to be StrongEd
behaving differently.

Regards,

--
Chris