Re: [StrongED] pasting an awkward string into Search

In message <ba7009dd52.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Jim Nagel <stred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a document containing multiple instances of an awkward string.
> I want to do a find-and-replace.  Is there a way of pasting the string
> into the Search dialogue?

Not that I know of, most transfer methods stop when they encounter a
control code. In addition, the Wimp treats control codes in icons as
terminators so you wouldn't see any of the text after the first [1B].

The only way to enter your search string is to type it in manually.
Please note that control codes must be escaped (for [1B] this would be
\e or \x1B) or entered as a byte: &1B. Advanced search only!

Both \e and \x<hh> can embedded in a string, but &1B cannot. So the
search should look something like this: "\e$B!G\e"

StrongED developer