Re: [StrongED] Display of Tabs and Ctrls

In message <5015dcd152.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Bazley <martin.bazley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The following bytes were arranged on 19 Sep 2012 by Fred Graute :
>
> [snip]
>
> > True, ASCII 127 is not displayed itself but it does have representations
> > just like the other control codes. When displaying Ctrls a small hex
> > numbers 0-31 are simply mapped to themselves but we can't do that for
> > 127. It has to be mapped elsewhere, probably to 256+ which complicates
> > things a bit.
>
> I don't understand.  Why can't it be mapped to itself?

Sorry, you're correct, ASCII 127 can be mapped to itself when being
displayed as a small hex number. In fact, it's already mapped there.
Don't know why I said that it couldn't.

Well, that means Ctrls should be easy to sort out when the new bitmap
fonts are put in place, thanks.

StrongED developer