Re: [StrongED] Display of Tabs and Ctrls

The following bytes were arranged on 19 Sep 2012 by Fred Graute :

[snip]

> True, ASCII 127 is not displayed itself but it does have representations
> just like the other control codes. When displaying Ctrls a small hex
> numbers 0-31 are simply mapped to themselves but we can't do that for
> 127. It has to be mapped elsewhere, probably to 256+ which complicates
> things a bit.

I don't understand.  Why can't it be mapped to itself?  What else is
using the value 127 such that it can't?

What's it mapped to at the moment?

Does anything in the code still assume that "is a control character"
implies "is less than 32"?

--
  __<^>__   "Start off every day with a smile and get it over with."
 / _   _ \  - W.C. Fields