Re: [StrongED] Delete key problem

Hi,

Those with long memories may remember that in StrongEd, the delete key on
both my RiscPC & Virtual Acorn were behaving like the End key. As I was
having trouble with my RiscPC I thought it might be something to do with my
Boot system or the machine itself. Adjust 4.39 re-installed & so new Boot &
machine now sorted. I hoped the delete key problem would have gone away but
it's still there.
It only happens if I have PC style delete selected in the Configuration
window in both my flavours of RiscOS 4 (4.39 Adjust & VA 4.02). Untick that &
it works as expected so that option seems to be reversing what is set in the
StrongEd base Mode file.
I've checked my base Mode file & as you will see from this extract it
definitely says...

	Print		Print
	Delete		DeleteRight
	Delete		DeleteWordRight

All other programmes behave as expected.

Does anyone else experience this & is there a work around?

In the thread generated by this last time martin Bazley said he thinks he had
to turn of PC style keys for this reason.

Tony Moore suggested I might be running KeyMod or similar which might affect
it but the only key related modules I seem to have are...

IDEFS::h-4.$.!Boot.Choices.Boot.PreDesk.!!DeepKeys

IDEFS::h-4.$.!Boot.Choices.Boot.PreDesk.StopCaps

I tried removing both of these but to no avail.

I once suspected the later versions of CLib but since repairing my RiscPC
I've gone right back to CLib 5.56 (I also run this on VA) so I don't think it
can be that.

Any help gratefully received,

--
Chris