Re: [StrongED] StrongHelp 2.87 available

The following bytes were arranged on 6 Sep 2012 by Fred Graute :

> You can test this by moving all manuals out of !Manuals, run StrongHelp
> and then press F1 in an empty StrongED document. If that works, put a
> manual back that has a 26-bit !Pre and try again. If that fails then we
> can be pretty sure we've found the problem. Please give it a try and let
> me know the outcome.

The outcome, after emptying my !Manuals directory, was "No help found on
'!x0A'".  This surprised me, as, even with no files in the root, the
StrongHelp manual was still right there in the temporaries.

Then I identified the manuals which contained !Pre utilities and moved
some of them back in.  The first one which caused a crash was 'CSS1'
(version 1.17, dated 2006, first ever version 2004, but the !Pre file
was dated 1999...), and the offending instruction is likely to be the
final "LDMFD R13!,{PC}^" in that file.

Absolutely no idea what we can do about this.  Embedding binary code
inside documentation files probably wasn't a good idea...

--
  __<^>__
 / _   _ \  I don't have a problem with God; it's his fan club I can't stand.