Re: [StrongED] StrongHelp 2.87 available

In message <3fa5ffc952.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Bazley <martin.bazley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The following bytes were arranged on 4 Sep 2012 by Fred Graute :
>
> > In message <60c2a5c952.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >           Martin Bazley <martin.bazley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> > Which function is tied to Adjust-click on the info button?
> > By default it's 'CharInfo' which doesn't use StrongHelp.
>
> HelpWord.  I think it's always been HelpWord.

The last version that tied 'HelpWord' to Adjust-click was 4.64, after
that it was 'HelpMode' and in 4.68 it became 'CharInfo'. So either
someone changed it back or it's a very old ModeFile.

> > What happens when you do the same with StrongHelp 2.86?
>
> The same crash.

And pressing F1? (Assuming that has HelpWord tied to it.)

The manual that opens is the StrongHelp manual. What happens if you open
this from StrongHelp's 'About this program' box?

[snip address info]

Thanks for the address info Martin. Could you please rerun the test and
include the output from *ShowRegs (should asked for this straight way).

The address at which the abort occurs is inside the code that reads the
'!Configuration' file and I can't anything obviously wrong with it.

The register dump might provide a clue like which register holds the
address used in the aborted memory transfer.

> > > This only seems to happen on the ARMini.
> >
> > Sounds like an unaligned memory access but I need the above information
> > to find out if that is the cause of the crash, or if it's something
> > else going wrong.
>
> Sounds very like an unaligned memory access, if the above address is
> anything to go by!

Yes, except you say that alignment exceptions are off so an unaligned
memory access shouldn't cause an abort.

> Maybe you accidentally entered Thumb mode?  (This is, apparently,
> easier to do than it sounds, if you use deprecated instructions.)

Well, that's an interesting question. I'm wondering how can find if
that's what happened. The abort handler probably restores ARM mode.
Anyway, I'll have look for any deprecated instructions.

StrongED developer