Re: [StrongED] StrongHelp 2.87 available

In message <60c2a5c952.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Bazley <martin.bazley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The following bytes were arranged on 3 Sep 2012 by Fred Graute :
>
> >  - While making StrongHelp ARMv7 compatible I accidentally introduced a
> >    bug that caused the search results window to stop working correctly.
> >    The icons depicting the filetype of the matched pages didn't show
> >    and, more seriously, clicking on a match resulted in an abort.
>
> I can crash it by doing the following:
>
> * Open an empty text file in StrongED.
>
> * Adjust-click on the info button.

Which function is tied to Adjust-click on the info button?
By default it's 'CharInfo' which doesn't use StrongHelp.

What happens when you do the same with StrongHelp 2.86?

> The error message varies - I've seen both "undefined instruction" and
> "abort on data transfer".

Could you try the following please:

 - Run the bit of BASIC below, it prints out StrongHelp start address.

   SYS "OS_Module",18,"StrongHelp" TO ,,,Address%
   PRINT Address%

 - Invoke the crash and note the abort address. Provide both addresses
   to me and I should be able to work where within StrongHelp the abort
   occurs.

> This only seems to happen on the ARMini.

Sounds like an unaligned memory access but I need the above information
to find out if that is the cause of the crash, or if it's something
else going wrong.

StrongED developer