Re: [StrongED] StrongED 4.69a7 available

On 2 Sep 2012  Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <842d8dc852.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>
>           Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> The seventh alpha release of StrongED 4.69 can found on the website:
>> http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/archives/releases/se469a7.zip

> A word of warning to those that have downloaded 4.69a7; there's a bug
> that can cause StrongED to hang when switching modes. If one mode uses
> an outline font and the other one doesn't then StrongED may hang.
> Of course I had to find this right after releasing 4.69a7 :-(

> I think it's fixed now, but it isn't a nice fix IMO. Mode switching
> needs rethinking, outline fonts change the playing-field quite a bit.

> Anyway, a new download with this fixed will be uploaded shortly.

Thanks, but two ignorant questions from  me, please.

  1) As I don't use outline fonts in StrongED (yet, anyway), is
     there a pressing need for me to to this update?

  2) The reason why I'm reluctant do do a StrongED update is that
     I have both the BaseMode ModeFile and the ModeLock file
     fairly heavily personalised, and it can be a bit of a pain
     to get an updated version working in the way I'm used to.
     Within the 4.69 family, is it safe to update by copying the
     update over the existing version? And if Jeremy is
     hereabouts, yes, I do have extensive notes of how I have
     personalised the relevant files :-)

With best wishes,

Peter Young.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Ta     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.