Re: [StrongED] Delete key problem

On 22 Jun 2012, Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <52a3e5d8c8cvjazz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Chris Newman <cvjazz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> > PC keys on..
> >
> > StrongEd
> >     'Delete' & 'End'  both go to the END of the text
>
> Could it be that in order to get 'PC delete' the keycode of the
> 'Delete' is replaced with the one for the 'End' key? That would
> explain the observed behaviour.
>
> It would be easy to test this by binding a different function to the
> 'End' key, say StartOfWLine() which moves the cursor to the start of
> the current wrapline. If pressing 'Delete' now moves the cursor to the
> start of the current line

It does.

> then that proves it.

QED :)

> If the above turns out to be right then there's a few options:
>
>  - Turn 'PC delete' off.
>
>  - Do as Tony has done and bind DeleteRight to the Copy/End key.
>
>  - Perhaps use something like Steve Fryatt's 'PC Keyboard' where you
>    can select which applications it is applied to).

In the PCKeys Help file, Steve says

   Where possible, I recommend updating applications to correct their
   use of Delete instead of adding them to the list in PC Keyboard.
   Many RISC OS applications (such as Zap and Pipedream) can have their
   key bindings changed by editing a file contained in the application;
   many others have a simple "PC Delete" option in their configuration.
   If possible, this is a better solution than filtering them with this
   module.

Tony