In message <52a3e5d8c8cvjazz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Chris Newman <cvjazz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <32b5dfa352.old_coaster@old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>,
>    Tony Moore <old_coaster@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 21 Jun 2012, Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > Please note that this moves the cursor to the end of the text, not the
> > > end of the line as reported by the OP. (Of course it could be that he
> > > happened to be on the last line in which case the result would be the
> > > same :-)
>
> > On re-reading this thread in the cold light of day, I realise that Fred
> > is correct (of course!). I should have written: I believe that you need
> > to check that the line
>
> > 	Delete		DeleteRight
>
> > is present in the BaseMode ModeFile.
>
> > Here StrongED 4.69a1 is running on both RO 6.20, on a RiscPC, and RO
> > 4.39, on RPCEmu. On both machines the 'PC delete' configure option is
> > ticked. On both installations the 'Delete' key behaves as expected, in
> > StrongED, and in other applications.
>
> This is how my setup is working now....
>
> PC keys on..
>
> StrongEd
>     'Delete' & 'End'  both go to the END of the text

Could it be that in order to get 'PC delete' the keycode of the 'Delete'
is replaced with the one for the 'End' key? That would explain the
observed behaviour.

It would be easy to test this by binding a different function to the
'End' key, say StartOfWLine() which moves the cursor to the start of
the current wrapline. If pressing 'Delete' now moves the cursor to
the start of the current line then that proves it.

If the above turns out to be right then there's a few options:

 - Turn 'PC delete' off.

 - Do as Tony has done and bind DeleteRight to the Copy/End key.

 - Perhaps use something like Steve Fryatt's 'PC Keyboard' where you can
   select which applications it is applied to).

StrongED developer