Re: [StrongED] Delete key problem

On 21 Jun 2012, Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <236f76a352.old_coaster@old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>
>           Tony Moore <old_coaster@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 21 Jun 2012, Chris Newman <cvjazz@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Maybe this has been dealt with before but I've only just upgraded
> > > from StrongEd 4.68 to 4.69. I'm using a RiscPC 700  Adjust 4.39
> > > with Unipod.
> > >
> > > Since starting to use 4.69 the delete key makes the cursor jump to
> > > the end of the line, not do a PC style delete as it should do.
> > > This now happens in 4.68 as well.
> >
> > In the BaseMode Modefile, you need to change
> >
> > 	Copy		EndOfText
>
> Please note that this moves the cursor to the end of the text, not the
> end of the line as reported by the OP. (Of course it could be that he
> happened to be on the last line in which case the result would be the
> same :-)

On re-reading this thread in the cold light of day, I realise that Fred
is correct (of course!). I should have written: I believe that you need
to check that the line

	Delete		DeleteRight

is present in the BaseMode ModeFile.

Here StrongED 4.69a1 is running on both RO 6.20, on a RiscPC, and RO
4.39, on RPCEmu. On both machines the 'PC delete' configure option is
ticked. On both installations the 'Delete' key behaves as expected, in
StrongED, and in other applications.

I wonder whether Chris is running KeyMod (or any similar progam) which,
in my experience, causes the Delete key to misbehave.

Tony