Re: [StrongED] Transient not expiring

The following bytes were arranged on 14 May 2012 by Fred Graute :

> If you have Reporter then it may be helpful in finding out where in
> Transient the problem occurs. Decompress Transient with AppBasic, then
> add '*ReportTrace ON' to PROCDealWith_InitialEvent in the Initial file.
> Run Transient and let us know the output from Reporter.

Sorry for abandoning this for so long, but I had a lot of exams to worry
about.  However, I'm finally free to try this out...

The first thing which strikes me is that, after decompressing version
2.06a and adding *ReportTrace ON to PROCDealWith_InitialEvent, the error
message changes.  This is familiar behaviour when altering the code in
any way, and generally implies that memory is being corrupted in a
random fashion.  FWIW, the new message is: 'No such function/procedure
in "ExpireDirs"'.  This appears twice, and is followed by an AppBasic
debugging window narrowing it down to line 65.

The trace output is attached.

I've heard that ARMini OS update 4 isn't quite stable in a number of
areas, so next I'm going to try reverting to OS 3 and see if that makes
a difference.

--
  __<^>__
 / _   _ \  I don't have a problem with God; it's his fan club I can't stand.