On 13 May 2012 as I do recall,
          Fred Graute  wrote:

> In message <e881698f52.harriet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Harriet Bazley <harriet.bazley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On 12 May 2012 as I do recall,
> >           Fred Graute  wrote:

> > > There are no ARMini specific issues that I know of.
> > >
> > > There is however a problem with Transient 2.05 in that it won't expiry
> > > non-empty directories when the expiry warnings are off. If that's the
> > > case, turn them on and expiry should work.
> > >
> > We tried turning the warnings on.   On start-up Transient produced the
> > same window (entitled 'Expiry confirmation') as that seen previously for
> > manual expiry, and as soon as the icon was depressed the ARMini locked
> > up again, with the desktop progressively crashing after Alt-Break.
>
> You're right, it is pure BASIC so it should have no problems with ARMv7.
> So, I've no idea why it's failing.
>
> There's a few things you could do, they may not solve anything but it'd
> be good to have at least tried them.
>
>  - Give it a larger wimpslot

This made no difference.

>  - Decompress and run it using AppBasic

Again, it crashed with random-seeming symptoms that strongly suggested
memory corruption.   (Attempting to insert debugging code caused a whole
new crop of errors.)

> > Downloaded v2.06a as an experiment but it required the Toolbox module
> > v1.53 (the ARMini has 1.52).   Experimentally disabling the version
> > number check caused 'unknown library chunk' errors on start-up.
>
> Exactly how did you disable the version check? Turning all version
> numbers to 0 is probably OK. Commenting out the call to Modules in the
> Run file may cause problems due to some Toolbox modules not being run.

Spring-cleaned the Toolbox (the ARMini does in fact have 1.53 in ROM but
somehow something had contrived to softload 1.52 on top of it), but
these errors persist.  The exact message is "Unknown library chunk
(code1685)", and it occurs after Transient appears on the icon bar, but
before the text stops reading "xx-xx-xxxx".  After this it quits.
Version 2.05 does not have this problem.

Running 2.06a for a second time causes the number to change to 1684.

I've just noticed that when the error box on v2.06 closes and Transient
quits, the text "Bad program" is printed on the desktop, in the manner
of a BASIC program running in the Wimp using a PRINT statement.

Lines 1684 and 1685 contain only "ENDCASE" and "ENDPROC" respectively!

--
Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==

You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely.