Re: [StrongED] show invisible characters

In message <9f9fcf7b52.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>
          Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <b824b07b52.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > On 5 Apr 2012  Jim Nagel <stred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Is there an existing way to make invisible characters (spaces,
> > > hardspaces, tabs, returns) temporarily visible, please?
>
> Newlines can't be made visible as StrongED doesn't display them at all.
> I seem to remember looking into this several years ago but can't recall
> if a final decision was ever made on this. Must have another look.

It seems that (optional) visible newlines is now working. It required
some changes to the redraw system, and took the opportunity to do some
rewriting as well.

All in all some significant changes, with interesting redraw failures
along the way, but it all seems to be working now. I'll be asking for
some testers shortly to make sure nothing has been broken.

StrongED developer