Re: [StrongED] show invisible characters

Jim Nagel  wrote on 6 Apr:

> Ah, thanks.  Made myself a new "show-invisibles" mode with your above
> lines in it.  Appended my other two items to your "c-R" line:
>      replace(" ","·",text) replace(" ","?",text)

> Now if I need to see invisible characters, I change mode to this new
> one and do Ctrl-R.

Discovered a new sometimes-disadvantage:  using dot (character 183) in
place of space will naturally cause lines to wrap in different places.

Is this an argument in favour of Fred's first suggestion, of using an
ersatz font where spaces are visible?  Will StrongEd still wrap lines
at character 32 even if it contains a visible glyph?

--
Jim Nagel                        www.archivemag.co.uk