Re: [StrongED] show invisible characters

In message <b681ac7b52.jim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Jim Nagel <stred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Tried replacing "\l" with an arbitrary character followed by "\l" but
> kept getting an error -- "Only strings, NL and @xx allowed in Replace
> expression" -- that confuses me, because it seems to me that's exactly
> what I have in the Replace expression.

Perhaps I've misunderstood what you're trying to do but this works fine:

  Search:   "\l"
  Replace:  "?\l"

Basically everything in the replace expression that isn't NL or @xx
needs to be enclosed in double quotes.

Also, I would advice using 'NL' for newlines as that will always match
the newline type used in the text whereas '\l' will only match line feed
(\x0A) and will fail when the text uses return (\x0D) for newlines.

StrongED developer