[StrongED] Re: Some issues with 4.69a6

In article <5b123e6e52.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for the info, it's helped to reproduce this. The problem occurs
> if the bitmap font defined doesn't exist, you can check this by going
> to Mode Choices > Font and see if the configured bitmap font is shown
> in red.

OK.

> Styles can only be used with bitmap fonts, other types of font ignore
> the style definitions. Perhaps the style section should be shaded when
> a non-bitmap font is used.

That would be consistent, I suppose. On the other hand, it doesn't
bother me the way it is. I just thought it best to report the abort.

> Is there a particular reason for using the OS system font rather than
> a bitmap font?

Not really. After I installed 4.69 I realised the bitmap font called
System wasn't what I wanted and this just seemed the quickest way to get
the real System font back.

> It would be easy to create a bitmap font that looks the same as the OS
> system font, then it would be possible to use styles.

I appear to have one already. There's a bitmap font called System in my
old 4.67 installation that looks exactly like the OS system font. No
idea where I got it from...

Regards,
Frank