Re: [StrongED] Some issues with 4.69a6

In message <526da1b070stronged-sub@xxxxxxxxx>
          Frank de Bruijn <stronged-sub@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yesterday I finally found the time to update my StrongED installation
> from 4.67 to 4.69 alpha 6. I have noticed two things I haven't yet seen
> reported here:
>
>  - A click on the menu icon in the Style box on the Colours frame of a
>    Mode Choices window causes an abort on data transfer at &42200 or
>    &43710.

Which type of machine?
In any mode or just one particular mode?
What font is being used, and what type of font is it?

>  - The News mode no longer comes up correctly for Pluto. The ModeWhen
>    file has the line
>      fff,(Pluto)**
>    which used to set the correct mode on an edit request from Pluto
>    (I assume StrongED checks the window title?).

When StrongED receives an OLE request it prefixes the pathname of the
file to edit with the name of the application that send the request. It
keeps two pointers, one to the start of the entire string and another to
the start of the actual pathname.

Changes made to the ModeWhen system caused the second pointer to be
passed to the match code instead of the first as was previously the case
(a mistake easily made, pointers are called tx_title0% and tx_title%).

It's now been fixed. Thanks for reporting it.

>    Putting a dash at the start of the line doesn't help

Lines starting with dashes only get checked when the external edit
protocol is being used. Pluto uses the OLE protocol so prefixing the
line with a dash essentially comments it out.

>    and inserting a space between (Pluto) and ** causes every text file
>    to be loaded in News mode, so that's no solution either.

Adding a space means that the rule now has two paths to check against
because spaces are used as the delimiter (since they can't occur in
pathnames under RISC OS). As one path now is ** (matches everything)
all files will go into News mode.

>    It looks like ** no longer wildcards the space character.

Technically ** doesn't wildcard anything it simply absorbs failed
matches against individual characters from the pathname allowing the
match process to continue.

StrongED developer