Re: [StrongED] Detokenising other filetypes than FFB

In message <4F509B59.5090906@xxxxxxxxxxx>
          Steve Drain <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 01/03/2012 21:57, Fred Graute wrote:
> > In message<4F4FB73A.2040107@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> >            Steve Drain<steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
> >
> >> I have come up with an idea to run Basalt/BASIC files that have already
> >> been translated. These would still be tokenised BASIC, but would have a
> >> different filetype and Alias$@RunType.
> >>
> >> However, they will then not then detokenise into the BASIC mode, or
> >> anything based on it, because that only recognises&FFB. Is there a way
> >> to include other filetypes?
> >
> > This would need to be added in the source. How does (de)tokenisation
> > of Basalt keywords work? Can BASIC's (de)tokenisation routine be called
> > on them? This is what StrongED uses to convert to/from BASIC.
>
> Basalt translates from BASIC with alternative keywords to a purely BASIC
> file, so you can detokenise it exactly the same as BASIC. It would only
> be the filetype that was different.

Okay, that should be fine then. If you let me know which filetype you're
using now then I'll add support for it to StrongED and send it to you to
try out.

> > BTW, recently I created a mode for Basalt in case you're interested,
> > it's fairly basic at the moment. I'll release it shortly unless you've
> > already come up with something better.
>
> I have my own mode, but it is full of quirky changes and leftover bits.

Yes, modes can get like that when you keep reworking them. One of the
things I did before putting out 4.69a6 was to go through my modes and
clean them up, moving useful bits to the Default versions. It's still
not entirely finished though.

> It was always my intention to tidy it up. The main thing needed in
> addition to BASIC is to colour alternative keywords, including the extra
> syntax applied to BASIC keywords. I have not always succeeded in finding
> ways to do the latter.

Trying to colour syntax is rather tricky as StrongED's syntax colouring
(despite the name) is more geared towards keywords. It'd be interesting
to know what the difficult bits were, perhaps I can help find solutions
or make changes to StrongED.

StrongED developer