Re: [StrongED] Redraw problem with 4.69a5 in 4bpp/2bpp/1bpp modes

The following bytes were arranged on 21 Jan 2012 by Sprow :

[redraw problems]

While we're at it, StrongED 4.69a1 (and earlier, and presumably later)
is completely unable to cope with modes in any pixel aspect ratio other
than 90x90dpi.

* Using the Display Manager to change the mode string to contain EX0
  results in each line of a displayed text file being printed normally,
  but being followed by a rectangle of equal width and height which
  fails to be cleared to the background colour.

* EY0 is even more amusing - all lines of text appear at half height (as
  you'd expect), but the area for each line remains the same size, and
  the bottom half is filled up with what appears to be normally rendered
  text, except for the fact that it's complete nonsense!

* EX2 or EY2 produces abort on data transfer at &3AC98 (always the same
  address).

Reproducable in 1280x1024x16M on an Iyonix with RO5.16, but crashes also
observed on RiscPC.

--
  __<^>__   "Your pet, our passion." - Purina
 / _   _ \  "Your potential, our passion." - Microsoft, a few months later