Re: [StrongED] Request for insert string in StrongMen

On 4 Jan 2012  John Rickman Iyonix <rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <6c80504b52.iyojohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           John Rickman Iyonix <rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> ...deep inside the xhtml mode is a bunch of shortcuts which include
>> what I want is to surface the shortcuts in a convenient
>> fashion, and preferably in a way that means I don't have to restore it
>> whenever StrongED changes.

[snip]

> So, could we have a new #command that inserts its following string at
> the cursor in a StrongED window, please?
> It would be nice if it was able to wrap opening and closing tags
> around a selection also.

> PS I could use !Makro it uses a window on screen and is yet another
> entry on my already very crowded icon bar.

Here, Keystroke does this sort of thing for me, no window; a much
underrated app in my opinion. Also, in HTML, Tagz does well in
inserting things. This was featured in a not-so-long-ago Archive
article, and is, I think, on their website. <looks> Yes,
http://www.archivemag.co.uk/f2207.html </looks>

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Lu     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.