Re: [StrongED] StrongFont 1.06 available

In message <5794bd4a52.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Martin Bazley <martin.bazley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The following bytes were arranged on 31 Dec 2011 by Fred Graute :
>
> > In message <7e8b3e4a52.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >           Martin Bazley <martin.bazley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > and given that this works fine, I think it would be a good idea to do
> > > that in the official release - and for all your other applications
> > > (such as StrongFont) while you're at it, as the currently distributed
> > > versions don't work out of the box on RISC OS 5.
> >
> > The version numbers are those from the latest public release by ROL.
> > These modules work fine on RISC OS 5 and are what I use on the Iyonix.
> > As such, they are the ones I normally test against.
>
> Ah, but do they work on the ARMini, which introduces a whole new layer
> of compatibility problems?  Given that they were released years before
> RISC OS ran on ARMv7, I suspect not.

You're probably right that they are not ARMv7 compatible. For future
releases of the various AppBasic based tools I'll keep a closer eye on
the features they use and versions of the toolbox modules required.

It would be helpful though to have a couple of ARMini owners willing to
do some pre-release testing...

StrongED developer