Re: [StrongED] wee buglet in strongmen

On 1 Jan 2012  Tony Moore <old_coaster@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 1 Jan 2012, John Rickman Iyonix <rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> When clicking on the left edge of the screen Select and Adjust open
>> persistent menus that only go away when a mouse button is clicked
>> somewhere.
>>
>> The behaviour with the menu button is different - the History menu
>> pops up and remains on screen only so long as the menu key is held
>> down. This is not very useful as you cannot select from the menu.
>>
>> It may be a peculiarity of the mouse that I use which is a Logitech
>> wheel mouse.

> I have a Logitech LX7 cordless optical mouse, which I use with a Windows
> laptop. I've just connected it to my RiscPC, via Unipod, and can confirm
> that the StrongMen menu, at the left of the screen, behaves as you say.
> However, the iconbar menu behaves normally, so that the History menu can
> be opened from there - although it is much less convenient.

For me, with a Belkin mouse and ARMini RISC OS 5.17 the history menu
stays open when you release the menu key, though here the menu key
doubles as a scroll wheel. It only closes when I click on one of the
menu entries, but, as expected, stays open if I click with "adjust",
Adjudication please, Fred!

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /                 \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.