Re: [StrongED] Re: StrongED advanced search and replace.

On 22 Dec 2011  Tony Moore <old_coaster@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 22 Dec 2011, "Richard Torrens (lists)" <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [snip]

>> "["*"]" will find anything enclosed by square brackets, on any single
>> line.

> True, but it could be dangerous, if a closing ] is not present, eg for

> .... [aaa ........ [bbb] ....

> the whole string would be found - and wiped.

Nevertheless, that's what I used, and why I didn't think of it I have
no idea! I do promise to be careful, though!

In fact, I'd also already done it in OPro, where one of the wildcards
is prominently listed as "any string".

Many thanks,

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /                 \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.