Re: [StrongED] Operand error on SE, V4.69a5 with Beagleboard on Boot-up

In article <9ae4903e52.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>, Fred Graute
<fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <523e62b1dcriscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Richard Ashbery
>           <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Have just installed StrongED, V4.69a5 on my Beagleboard -xM but
> > get 'Unknown operand' error on Boot-up (StrongED in
> > Run-at-startup).

> The 4.69a5 that's on the website wasn't intended for public
> consumption but rather part of the version I created for the
> USB-sticks ROOL sell. Which is why this version hasn't been
> annouced here.

Ahh - I see.

Someone put up the URL on c.s.a. programmer so naturally I
decided to take a peek.

> As the version had to be created at rather short notice I had to
> remove things that I was working on and couldn't be finished in
> time. A file that should have been replaced by its previous version
> was left in. The fix to the problem was sent to ROOL directly.

> > Anyone able to verify this and a solution if possible please?

> To fix this:

>  - Click Shift-Select over the iconbar icon to open UserPrefs -
>  Remove the ClaimFiles file found there

>  - Click Shift-Adjust over the iconbar icon to open Defaults - Copy
>  the ClaimFiles from there to UserPrefs

Many thanks Fred. That's eliminated the problem.

I have another issue - Bitmap and Outline fonts did work on earlier
versions (SE 4.69a3) but as soon as I try and select a font in Mode
Choices I get a "SE may have gone wrong" message. What has changed?

Incidentally many thanks for your work on making a Beagleboard
compatible version - did I see mention of an alpha 6 version?

Best regards

Richard