Re: [StrongED] Fonts

On 4 Dec 2011, at 13:33, Fred Graute wrote:

> In message <70c0df3b52.pittdj+@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>          David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> In message <3c0bce3b52.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>
>>  Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> In message <48ac9f3b52.Iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>>          Ron <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

>>> Thanks, that's useful to know. There are however no files typed &1BD in
>>> my copy of ZapFonts. It's pretty old though (1.03, 04-Nov-00) so maybe
>>> later versions do have &1BD files. Where did you get yours?
>>
>> ZapFonts on all of my machines are &1BD, as they also are in the
>> latest ARMv7 download :-
>>
>> http://www.tankstage.co.uk/Software/
>
> Thanks David. It's a bit strange though as it's the same version that I
> have but with all font files typed &1BD. There's no indication of why
> this is and the documentation still states that font files should be of
> filetype Data (&ffd).

Hi Fred, via a particularly lucky bit of googling I found some postings from 2005 on the zap-technical mailing list which indicate that filetype &1BD had just been allocated for Zap fonts. I guess the documentation never got updated.

http://www.archivum.info/zap-technical@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/2005-01/00004/Font-filetype.html

--
David Pitt
Apple Mail