Re: [StrongED] UserPrefs (Iyonix)

In message <5a75653152.Iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Ron <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <9fea5b3152.pittdj+@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>           David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > In message <e24d523152.Iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >   Ron <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > I realise also that restarting StrongEd is necessary sometuimes.
> >
> > What exactly are we looking at here, is there some instability of the
> > Iyonix that might be affecting StrongED. From my experience I would
> > say that would be highly unusual to need to restart StrongED.

Agreed, StrongED seems to be quite stable on the Iyonix. If there's any
reason to restart it then a bug report would be welcome.

> > > But *Show shows
> >
> > > StrongED_Read$Path : ADFS::HardDisc4.$.BootApps.!StrongED.Defaults.
> >
> > That line indicates that !StrEDcfg has not been seen. Where is
> > !StrEDcfg installed?
>
> It is in Boot:Choices where it should be I think.

There are three locations where StrED_cfg can be placed:

 - In Boot:Choices
 - In <StrongED_Settings$Dir>
 - In the same directory as StrongED

StrongED will look for StrED_cfg in the above order, if it cannot find
StrED_cfg then it will use StrongED.Defaults.

> I seem to have cured two problems at the same time by adding
> a Modefile to UserPrefs.Global

A ModeFile in UserPrefs.Global would be ignored by StrongED so can't
have solved any problem. Which two problems are you referring to?

> Before doing this (and restarting) when I doubleclicked on the new
> filetype a second StrongED would start and appear on the iconbar.

Which new filetype? And which version of StrongED? There was a problem
with some of the earlier 4.69 alphas running a new copy of StrongED when
a file was double-clicked.

> I am still getting used to StrongED, as I haven't been using it.

Welcome to the club! :-)

StrongED developer