Re: [StrongED] Transient and the ARMini

On 10 Nov 2011  Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 9 Nov 2011  Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> In message <09cf902f52.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>           Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> I've very recently bought an ARMini, and am moving stuff over from
>>> this RISCBook and the backups from my dead Iyo. I tried running
>>> Transient on the ARMini, and it complained that it needed a newer
>>> Toolbox module. Being both ignorant and cautious, can I ask: is it
>>> just OK to copy the newer module over into the correct place on the
>>> ARMini?

>> Transient uses the latest public release of the toolbox modules by ROL.
>> I don't know if these are ARMv7 compatible. The only way to be sure is
>> to try it.

>> If it doesn't work then I would need to see if Transient can be made to
>> work with the toolbox modules in RO5.

> Thanks, Fred. I'll try with the later module, but won't probably have
> time to do this today or tomorrow. I'll report back.

Got a bit more time that I thought, transferred all the Toolbox
modules to the ARMini (having archived them first, of course1), and
Transient is now running on the ARMini.

Thanks again,

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Lu     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.