[StrongED] Showing the TrueTab character

I seem to remember this being asked before on the list but can't find any
reference to it.

How does one remove the funny tab characters when viewing a text file in
Stronged?

I want the tab to show as a dotted line (TrueTab) but when I click to
change this option in "Mode Choices", Insert tabs and Display TAB char,
is doesn't change from the weird characters to the dotted line TrueTab.

I have set this option once before ages ago but it has suddenly started
showing the wrong option for some reason and I can't remember how to
change it back despite trying various options, what am I doing wrong?

Stephen.

--
http://www.stephen.hull.btinternet.co.uk
From the Wirral Peninsular.