[StrongED] Re: Transient

In article <2ba6f79e51.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>, Fred Graute
<fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <519ef46ce2evan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Evan Clark
>           <evan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I couldn't find a way to
> > configure Transient to create just one new directory each week
> > (for which I have TempDir set to name with the week number). If
> > its possible with Transient I'd switch to using it.

> Having had a quick look at TempDir's options I don't think you can
> set TempDir to create a new directory just once a week, a new
> directory is created daily. What you can do is to use the
> weeknumber as the name for the temporary directory so that for a
> given week the daily directory will have the same name, and it
> seems that's exactly what you're doing.

> This can be done just as easily in Transient. Just go to the Format
> tab in Transient's choices and enter '%WK' (without the quotes) in
> the Directory name section.

I've set Transient up again to see if I can use it to replicate the
way I have been using TempDir since sometime in 1999.

I should be able to achieve that, but only if the previous week's
directory and its contents will remain separate and intact when a new
directory is created at the start of a new week.

> (Does Transient have a new user now? ;-)

Perhaps. I'll know by next Monday ;-)

Evan.