Re: [StrongED] stronged 469a3

On 21 Nov 2010, Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <ef9b8b7851.old_coaster@old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>
>           Tony Moore <old_coaster@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > Alan Dawes message <51783596a3alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> , sent to
> > csa.apps, refers to StongED 4.69a3 'which should run on a BeagleBoard'.
> > http://www.stronged.iconbar.com/archives/misc/ri469a3.zip
>
> It should run on the BeagleBoard and apparently does as I've had no
> bug reports against it yet.

Sorry, I wasn't doubting that it runs on a BB, merely reporting what
Alan had said, and giving the source of the link.

> > I don't have a BeagleBoard, but I've just tried it on a RiscPC,
> > running RISC OS 6.20. It seems to be ok, but there is a minor
> > problem in that, if StrongED is running, double-clicking on a text
> > file to load it, runs another copy of StrongED. Is this intentional?
>
> StrongED 4.69a3 is taken directly from the copy I'm working on and as
> such has a number of unfinished areas. One area is the ModeWhen
> system.
>
> The ModeWhen system has been changed such that BaseMode can have a
> ModeWhen file too. This allows you to exclude certain files from being
> loaded by StrongED, even plain text files which were previously always
> accepted (don't how useful that is but someone asked for it, so there
> you go).
>
> To fix your problem you'll need to create a ModeWhen file and save it
> to <StrED_cfg$Dir>.UserPrefs.Modes.BaseMode. The file should at least
> contain the following:
>
>   Rules Include
>     fff, **
>   End

Yes, that works fine. Many thanks.

> Even with the ModeWhen file in place the system still refuses to load
> files on some occasions into the running copy and another copy of
> StrongED is being run.

I haven't seen that yet.

> Most likely the system just needs some tweaking to get things right as
> I don't think there are any fundamental problems.
>
> Unfortunately time and incentive to work on StrongED is much less than
> it used to be so I'm not sure if/when this will be fixed.

Fair enough. We must be grateful for the vast amount of time that you
have already spent in developing StrongED into the excellent application
which it now is.

Tony