Re: [StrongED] Re: "string not recognized" error

In message <d125175351.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> FWIW, I run StrongED and Messenger Pro at start-up, and have never
> (crosses fingers) had Jim's problem. Here:
>
> ==> Help on keyword OLESupport
> Module is: OLESupport      0.28 (28 Jul 2004) © Mark Sawle for
> Messenger Pro
>
> So presumably that module is loaded by MPro, and doesn't seem to upset
> StrongED. Running Edit after quitting StrongED, and then reloading
> StrongED doesn't cause the error here.

To recreate the problem you'll need to;

 - Issue the command *Unset OLE* (in a taskwindow or at CLI)

 - Answer/Create an email with MPro using an external editor

 - Doubleclick the ClaimFiles obey file in StrongED.Defaults

As you're running OLESupport 0.28 that should result in the error
message ("String not recognized") that Jim has reported.

StrongED developer