[StrongED] Re: Add at end of file?

In article <6145b54951.old_coaster@old_coaster.yahoo.co.uk>,
   Tony Moore <old_coaster@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 20 Aug 2010, "Richard Torrens (lists)" <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I have a large number of files to which I wish to add a line at the
> > end of each.
> >
> > Is there a way to do this?

> If you mean by using StrongED, I think the answer is not easily.

> PipeDream lists data for column A, column B, etc. Each list comprises
> row 1, row 2, etc. To add a single line to the end of the PipeDream file
> would require an entry in _every_ column list.

> > The files are all Pipedream files: I want to add an extra column to
> > each file.

> That would need a new column list with an entry for every row, whether
> null or otherwise.

> It may also be necessary to change the file header, but I've not looked
> into that.

The addition to the file is very simple: a final line

%CO:K,12,0%

This adds column K - which is exactly what I need.

Yes, there are other bits in the header section (e.g. defining window
width) which are beyond the scope of this request.

So I am looking for exactly what I asked - a way to append the same 'word'
to the end of a collection of files.

--
Richard Torrens.
http://www.Torrens.org.uk for genealogy, natural history, wild food, walks, cats