Re: [StrongED] stoppong a file auto-loading

Tony Moore <old_coaster@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 1 Aug 2010, Jeremy Nicoll - ml stronged
> <jn.ml.sed45@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Tony Moore <old_coaster@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > Yes, you're right, the option was set, but I couldn't load StrongED
> > > to change it to 'don't remember'...
> >
> > Aren't all these options stored in text files these days?
>
> Yes, in !Stred_Cfg.UserPrefs.Global.Options
>
> > if so, !Edit would have sufficed to change it
>
> True, but as I said in the bit that you snipped:
>
> > > (and it seems that it wouldn't have helped because, by that time,
> > > the file was already listed for auto-load).
>
> > and whatever was in the 'List' file.
>
> At the time of my original post, I was not aware of the 'List' file
> (hence my question), or that the problem file had also been copied to
> !Stred_Cfg.UserPrefs.AutoSave
>
> To fix the problem it was necessary to delete the contents of the
> AutoSave directory.

The points I am failing to make are that

a) you could have searched SE's various config files - because they're in
   plain text - to find for yourself the saved references to your
   troublesome file - using eg !Locate

b) you could have edited the files concerned using !Edit thus not having to
   start SE to fix an SE problem