Re: [StrongED] Search with pre-filled field

On 29 May 2010 as I do recall,
          Terje Slettebø  wrote:

> I'm new at this list (but an old StrongED fan), and I'm wondering about
> something I haven't found in the documentation:
>
> Several editors on Windows have a very useful feature where you can mark a
> word in a document, open a search dialogue box, and the marked text is
> automatically entered in the search field (alternatively, that it enters the
> word the cursor is on, even without it having been marked). Is there a
> similar feature in StrongED?
>
> I guess if there isn't, an alternative way might be to use copy-paste,
> provided you use an extension for copy-paste in writable icons (and that it
> works on your computer).

I haven't seen this mentioned:   presumably you're aware of
Ctrl-[Shift]-F, one of the more useful long-running features of
StrongED, which doesn't do quite what you outline above but does open a
List of Found displaying all the occurrences of the current cursor word?
(Unless one actually requires a search & replace operation, I find this
is generally more immediately useful than using the search dialogue as
such....)

--
Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==

It is better to be deceived by a friend, than to suspect him.