To: <StrongED@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 30, 2010 3:43 PM
Subject: Re: [StrongED] Search with pre-filled field

In message <12784FC803A341FBB895E24129DB65EF@Dell>
         Terje Slettebø <tslettebo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm new at this list (but an old StrongED fan), and I'm wondering about
something I haven't found in the documentation:

Several editors on Windows have a very useful feature where you can mark a
word in a document, open a search dialogue box, and the marked text is
automatically entered in the search field (alternatively, that it enters the
word the cursor is on, even without it having been marked). Is there a
similar feature in StrongED?

You can transfer text to the search dialogue box in three ways:

- F7, transfers the current selection.

- F8, transfers the content of the clipboard.

- c-W, transfers the word the caret is in. Subsequent presses will
  transfer the following words.

If you want to have this automatically you'll need to change the action
tied to F2, or create a new keybinding for it.

For example you could modify the F2 keybinding (in BaseMode) from

 F2   dbox_ListOfFound

 F2   dbox_ListOfFound Complete

The word the caret is in will then be entered automatically. Please note
that the option "Show 'previous' text in Search/Replace and LoF dbox"
in Global choices -> Edit must be off for this to work correctly.

StrongED developer