[StrongED] Re: Search with pre-filled field

In article <12784FC803A341FBB895E24129DB65EF@Dell>, Terje Slettebø
<tslettebo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi.

> I'm new at this list (but an old StrongED fan), and I'm wondering
> about something I haven't found in the documentation:

> Several editors on Windows have a very useful feature where you can
> mark a word in a document, open a search dialogue box, and the
> marked text is automatically entered in the search field
> (alternatively, that it enters the word the cursor is on, even
> without it having been marked). Is there a similar feature in
> StrongED?

If you highlight the required text then open the Interactive Search
or Search/Replace dialogue box, pressing F7 copies the highlighted
text in to the selected writable icon.

This can also work with other applications, but I'm guessing it
depends on whether the other application uses F7 for its own
purposes. For example, it works with SciCalc or Bookmaker's dialogue
boxes but not Pluto or NetSurf.

Evan.