Re: [StrongED] Text printing with headers - problems with page length

Ewen Pring <Ewen.Pring@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Always defaults back to page size in chars as taken from system
> variable PDriver$TextPage. This is width = 77 height = 66 for the lj
> type printer driver I use.

When you say "always defaults back" is that because when you change
something in !Printers you don't then save that change?  (Which would be
fair enough if you don't want your page sizes altered from the pov of other
apps.)

> But only height = 64 works properly (avoids blank extra pages or the
> wrong page number being shown at the wrong place in the page).

In that case define a second printer in printers, using the same device type
etc as the original one.  Name your second printer "for StrongED" and set
its page size appropriately and SAVE it.

Leave the original printer definition alone.

When printing from SE use the "for StrongED" printer.

I used to have 4 logical printers defined in !Printers for one physical
laser printer - they gave me hard-coded definitions for:

  portrait   single-sided
  portrait   double-sided
  landscape  single-sided
  landscape  double-sided

so I simply used the virtual printer appropriate to what I wanted to do
rather than having to change a single definition's details for every print I
wanted to do.

I also had a "Print to file" printer permanently defined.