[StrongED] Re: Regular Search and Replace on a key?

In article <c818dae150.wra1th@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Gavin Wraith <gavin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So, if you want a script to switch slashes and dots you have to start
> specifying the circumstances in which you want it to happen. This
> specification process usually involves an extended dialogue, as each
> person slowly comes to understand the other. I think it is fun, and
> educational for all concerned.

You are of course correct.

But the only way one is likely to ge a RISC OS URL is by shift-drag, is it
not?

That does not add the http:// bit, so that was not relevant to the
original query.

Or so I considered.

Having your script as a start, I suppose you could modify it to replace
the path name before the www.etc with http:// - after slashdotting.

In my case that's a bit awkward as the domains on the server (hence in my
RO source) exist in a directory www. So the full path, shift-dragged in
RISC OS is

Share::Lab.$.Resources.wwwpages.Web Home.Torrens.www.www/greenbottom/org.tolet.index/html

which is a bit less than a general case.

--
Richard Torrens.
http://www.Torrens.org.uk for genealogy, natural history, wild food, walks, cats