Re: [StrongED] an occasional inconveniece

<9f046ce150.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>
          Fred Graute  wrote:

>> However, although useful it is not what I am looking for in this case.
>> I need to delete the newline character at the end of the line so that
>> the next line is appended to the line the cursor is on.

> I think Steve's point is that if you use cs-Right, cs-Right to delete to
> end of line then you don't need to tick the option.

>> This is the normal behaviour for forward delete when you are at the
>> end of a line - unless you tick the box to stop it happening. So what
>> I am looking for is a key combination  to overide the setting when
>> required.

> I don't think there a way to override the option. The best you would be
> able to do is to tie 'CaretRight DeleteLeft' to a key. Although that
> does behave a little differently from deleting the newline with delete
> if the next line starts with spaces.

Thanks Fred and Steve - at least it was not something I was missing
from the documentation. It is not a big deal, hence the subject line.
It is just that when you use an editor for a long certain habits
become second nature and are hard to change. I became accustomed to
the no delete eol when writing line based programs using the IBM EPM
editor.

A related facility was you could configure Return to not insert an eol
but just go to the start of the next line. For a new line you pressed
c-return.

On a historical note I switched from Zap to StrongED years ago because
like EPM, StrongED had keystroke record and playback; column
selection, and a default white background:-)

John

John

--
Midland User Group - http://mug.riscos.org
"if you are travelling the road of the majority, one thing you can be