Re: [StrongED] Re: Textfile changes appearance when read from Documents directory

In article <50e1505418evan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Evan Clark
<evan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <50e14cd77eriscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Richard Ashbery
> <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> > I've got it - StrongED has a mode file called Documents which
> > might be conflicting with the directory named Documents. The
> > Documents mode displays text in blue with no html links
> > highlighted. Why the conflict occurs I don't know but removing
> > the Document mode cures the problem. Easy when you know how.

> If you look at the default ModeWhen file for Document mode [1],
> you'll see that it's also used for any files called '!Help',
> '!ReadMe' or 'Manual'. You may want to keep Document mode for
> these, in which case you can achieve what you want by commenting
> out or deleting the line '!fff,**.Documents.**' [2].

> [1] !StrongED.Defaults.Modes.Document.ModeWhen

> [2] Don't alter the default ModeWhen file, but instead copy it to
> !StrED_cfg (ie create
> !StrED_cfg.UserPrefs.Modes.Document.ModeWhen), then change the copy
> there.

Very well explained Evan - I've put back Documents and modified a copy
of its ModeWhen in !StrED_cfg and all seems to work as expected.

Thank you and best regards

Richard