[StrongED] Re: Textfile changes appearance when read from Documents directory

In article <50e14cd77eriscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Richard Ashbery
<riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <50e13f24ecriscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Richard Ashbery
> <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > If I save a textfile with default black text and grey highlighted
> > html link into the Root directory and read it back it displays
> > black text and  a grey highlight over the link - exactly as
> > expected.

> > If I now drag a copy into a directory - named Documents the text
> > changes to blue and the grey highlight over the link is absent.

> > Reading back an identical file from other directories displays
> > the text and highlight correctly.

> I've got it - StrongED has a mode file called Documents which might
> be conflicting with the directory named Documents. The Documents
> mode displays text in blue with no html links highlighted. Why the
> conflict occurs I don't know but removing the Document mode cures
> the problem. Easy when you know how.

If you look at the default ModeWhen file for Document mode [1],
you'll see that it's also used for any files called '!Help',
'!ReadMe' or 'Manual'. You may want to keep Document mode for these,
in which case you can achieve what you want by commenting out or
deleting the line '!fff,**.Documents.**' [2].

[1] !StrongED.Defaults.Modes.Document.ModeWhen

[2] Don't alter the default ModeWhen file, but instead copy it to
!StrED_cfg (ie create !StrED_cfg.UserPrefs.Modes.Document.ModeWhen),
then change the copy there.

Evan.