Re: [StrongED] quick way to kill task window

On 10 Jan 2010  Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <cf3e01d750.jr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           rickman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> Very often I need to open a task window and issue a command to
>> discover some system information that I need for an email or to put
>> into a document.
>>
>> As nothing much works on a task window, including the clipboard, I
>> have to use the mouse menu to kill the task before extracting text.

> The easiest way would be pick a keypress that doesn't have to be passed
> on to the underlying task - which is what TaskWindow mode usually does -
> and assign the function tw_Kill to it. For example:

>   KeyList
>     cs-F11   tw_Kill
>   End

Not working for me here, version 4.68 :-(

I've put into the TaskWindow ModeFile, at the end of the KeyList
section:

<tab>cs_F11<tab>tw_kill
End

and when I save the file I get the error "Unknown token ". at line
39", which is my new line. I assume I'm doing something wrong, but
what?

TIA,

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter, \  /      zfc Yb       \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne    \/ __            __    \                              England.