Re: [StrongED] Re: Transient

In message <50d769e130Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          "Richard Torrens (lists)" <Lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <b80263d750.fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx>,
>    Fred Graute <fjgraute@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > All that
> > remains for me to say is that Transient 2.04 is on its way. It's
> > currently being tested by Tony and should be ready for release
> > shortly.
>
> Briliant  ... but Transient seems perfect already.. how to improve?

The following changes have been made:

 - There's an installation window that tells what's going to happen if
   you install Transient (which Tony isn't fond of). The window will
   also be shown when Transient cannot find its choices or temporary
   directory.

 - Expiry of empty directories is now a configurable option instead of
   automatic.

 - If 'Warn on expiry' is set the warning will now only be raised when
   one or more non-empty directories are about to be expired.

 - A warning can be raised if more than a given number of directories
   are about to be expired. Apart from exceeding the limit set, at least
   one of the directories must be non-empty to trigger the warning.

 - The user that Transient starts up with is now configurable. Earlier
   version would always start up with the user that was active when
   transient was quit.

> Fred, you amaze us all at the ways you find to improve on perfection!

Well, judging by the long emails from Tony detailing his findings in
testing Transient 2.04 it's far from perfect. P-)

> The only thing I would like is a SysVar poitning to today's leaf name,
> so I can open other computer's Transient$TodayDir

Done. You'll have to make sure all machines use the same format for the
directory name though.

StrongED developer